Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating PDF from docbook on Linux (OSS)

Am Freitag, den 22.01.2010, 17:26 +0100 schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:

>   I am looking for tool that would generate PDF file from a docbook
> file. I tried a couple without success:

You can try dblatex too or xmlroff.

But please allow me some words:

> - xmlto fails not process MathML 2.0 equation (**),

Nope. a) You missed to define the mml namespace. b) Fop doesn't come
with MathML support by default. Let me explain:

> Document is simply:
[..]
> <mml:math>

You did not define the mml namespace anywhere. Please add an xmlns:mml
attribute accordingly (to <article> or the root element with the mml
prefix). So these:

> /tmp/math.xml:23: namespace error : Namespace prefix mml on math is
> not defined
> <mml:math>
>          ^
[..]
> math encountered in equation, but no template matches.

disappear. Then to process the .fo file with Fop you can install the
JEuclid FOP plugin [1][2].

Then the resulting pdf contains your equation.

[1] http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/jeuclid-fop/index.html
[2] packages.debian.org/libjeuclid-fop-java

Regards, Daniel