Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] author-year citations

Hi,
Have you considered using the <abbrev> element for citations?  See this
reference for an example:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CiteBiblio.html

From: "Tim Arnold" <Tim.Arnold@sas.com>
To: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:06 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] author-year citations

Hi,
I've got my citations in my docbook document and a docbook xml formatted
bibliography. I can create the bibliography myself in postprocessing (using
lxml and python), but I'm stumped on how to get author-year style citations.

I have a book of many chapters, with each chapter having its own
bibliography.  However,  I need to process the book as a whole since I need
htmlhelp and a full index and toc xml files for later processing.

I wonder if it is too hard to write the xsl  to convert the citation to html
in the author-year style?
Is that too big of a task for an XSL newbie?

thanks,
--Tim Arnold