Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating PDF from docbook on Linux (OSS)

On 01/23/2010 02:26 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> hi there,
>
>    I am looking for tool that would generate PDF file from a docbook
> file. I tried a couple without success:
>
> - publican simply aborts on my machine (*)

Hi Mathieu --

Publican is failing on your machine because of a dependency issue.
You've got libfile-copy-recursive-perl 0.36, but Publican requires >=0.38

I just verified the installation instructions for Publican on Debian[1]
using a fresh installation of Debian 5.0.3 and confirm that the correct
version of libfile-copy-recursive-perl gets pulled in (0.38-1). I was
then able to build html and PDF documents, although FOP threw up errors
during PDF generation and I suspect some further tweaking is needed.

That said, we haven't tested Publican with mml yet, and preliminary,
informal tests based on your test case have not been encouraging :(

Please feel free to drop by the Publican mailing list[2] and let us know
what we can do to help you further.

Cheers

Ruediger

[1]