Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Convert OpenDocument Presentation [.odp] to docbook

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Markus Hoenicka
> <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de> wrote:
>> Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> was heard to say:
>>
>>>  After reading the recent post about converting OpenOffice document
>>> to docbook. I tried using OO to convert an old presentation (in odp)
>>> to docbook. However I cannot select docbook as output format from the
>>> GUI. Does anyone knows if this is possible ? Or is there another way
>>> to convert an odp to docbook ?
>>>

>> OO allows to save presentations to HTML though. I've never tried that, but
>> you may be able to recover the textual information and maybe some of the
>> structural information from there.
>
> I gave it a shot. I have lost all complex figures (multiples images)
> and all vectorial drawing are also lost...

Just FYI. The export function from OpenOffice 3.1 (debian/linux) did
not work for me. Any graphic with vectorial stuff were badly exported,
or worse where not even legal SVG file.

I found out one can achieve decent result, by exporting the odp to
pdf. Then use pdf2svg:

http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/pdf2svg.html

Please note that any text is simply lost, as fonts are converted to
vectorial objects.

HTH
--
Mathieu