Subject: [docbook-apps] Table rowspans: Border of adjacent cells looks weirdin PDF

Hello all

I have a question about the PDF output of tables with rowspans.

The following table has a rowspan of totally 5 rows at the second column:

        <informaltable frame="all">
            <tgroup cols="3">
                <tbody>
                    <row>
                        <entry>1.1</entry>
                        <entry morerows="4">1.2</entry>
                        <entry>1.3</entry>
                    </row>
                    <row>
                        <entry>2.1</entry>
                        <entry>2.3</entry>
                    </row>
                    <row>
                        <entry>3.1</entry>
                        <entry>3.3</entry>
                    </row>
                    <row>
                        <entry>4.1</entry>
                        <entry>4.3</entry>
                    </row>
                    <row>
                        <entry>5.1</entry>
                        <entry>5.3</entry>
                    </row>
                </tbody>
            </tgroup>
        </informaltable>

When this table is rendered as a PDF the thickness of the cell borders of
rows 2, 3 and 4 are different from those of rows 1 and 5.

This strange effect depends on the PDF viewer and the zoom-level used in the
viewer.

Screenshots:
Zoomed in: http://imgur.com/lj2Sc.png
Zoomed out: http://imgur.com/FYN9X.png

So far I've tried the following Viewers in Windows
* Foxit Reader (pretty bad on most zoom levels, see screenshots above)
* Sumatra PDF (the effect is only subtle on most zoom levels)
* Adobe PDF (on some zoom levels the effect isn't noticeable, on some it is)

Interesting: When setting a zoom level of 6400% the cell borders seem to
match perfectly.
So it could be a viewer issue after all.
Unfortunately I normally don't read my PDFs at a zoom level of 6400% ;-)

I tried the following setups:
* dockbkx-tools (Maven2 plugin for DocBook) 2.0.9 and 2.0.10-SNAPSHOT
* fop 0.95
* DocBook XSL-NS Stylesheets V1.73.2 and V1.75.2
* No customization-layer is used

Has anyone also experienced this behavior with rowspans?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your truly
Oliver