Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Compile xsl with xalan

Am 03.03.2010 10:03, schrieb Dave Pawson:

>>> Unless you know of a free FO renderer written in another language, I
>>> most of the time eventually do.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Remko
>>>
>> If your target is pdf, I found dblatex superior to e.g. fop.
>>
>> Stefan
>
> dblatex has not been supported for a number of years now.

I am talking about this:
http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/

I am the maintainer of gtk-doc - a tool to build api docuemntation for the gnome
project via docbook. For years fop has failed to produce pdfs from the otherwise
correct docbook (the docbook to to html/fo step works fine). I have submitted
several bugs and they are unanswered. dblatex also spits some warnings, but
atleast it goes through and we get a decent pdf. I consider that as the one
working solution based on free software right now.

Stefan