Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] customizing the class attribute for sections andolinks

On 19/03/10 04:09, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> I think you are mistaking 'css.decoration' for some other parameter. If
> css.decoration is set 1, then a few elements will have a style attribute
> added to them, but it isn't a general mechanism.
>
> The stylesheet by default passes the element name through to the class
> value. That works ok, but it wasn't very flexible,

Sorry, that's what I was thinking of. I thought it needed triggering
by the CSS decoration param.

so starting with
> version 1.72 the stylesheets added a hook for generating your own class
> values, with the element name as the fallback. For details see:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#CustomClassValues
    Thanks, I'll take a look. I'm looking forward to Robin Berjons paper
  presented at xmlprague, where he 'decorated' his docbook paper with
CSS and showed it via the browser! Looked quite good.

> With custom class values, you can do a lot more with CSS.

The OP mailed me off list saying he wanted to decorate only one
div from many produced. I advised using CSS for that, not XSLT.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.