Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Preprocess ?

Am 07.04.2010 18:22, schrieb Stefan Seefeld:
> On 04/07/2010 10:53 AM, Stefan Kost wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> Stefan Seefeld wrote:

>>> I believe that's exactly what profiling allows you to do.
>>> Specifically, with two-phase processing:
>>> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AlternateText.html#ProfileFilter
>>>
>>>      Stefan
>>>

>> This is interesting. Do you think one could use it to create a variant
>> of the xsl? This would be useful if you need to apply the very same xsl
>> to dozens of xml sources.
>>

> I'm afraid I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "variant
> of the xsl" ? Are you suggesting to profile the stylesheets instead of
> the docbook sources themselves ?

Right now one needs to write a customization layer to override templates etc.
Unfortunately this is making the processing even slower. It would be nice to
preprocess the xsl to a single file, resolve constant expressions and kick out
dead codepath. This all in the hope that processing the own xml docuemnts with
the prerpocessed xsl would be faster.

Stefan