Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] roundtrip - normalise-common.xsl - customization and section numbering

Hi Mathieu,

Some time ago I decided that trying to support limitless section elements was very difficult with the roundtripping system. There is too much of a mismatch between Word's fixed set of styles and DocBook's unlimited sections. Starting and stopping sections at the same level is just about impossible (though I'm willing to be proven wrong ;-).

This should answer your question as to why Heading6, Heading7, etc, are not supported: there is no DocBook element to map them to.

As far as the bad-title errors are concerned, the document is trying to skip section levels; going from sect2 to sect4 without an intervening sect3. Doing so would violate the DocBook schema.

Cheers,
Steve Ball