Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] dynamic chunk.section.depth

> _______________________________________

Hi Dave, by 'dense' I just mean a subsection has a lot of math (so it contains lots of graphics) and the section is long (so you have to scroll).
Not that it has a lot of deeply nested sub-sub-etc-sections. Your answer makes me think the chunk.section.depth  parameter can be set differently depending on the situation. My current process puts a <remark role="toc2" /> or <remark role="toc3"/> under every subsection as a flag showing how deep the chunks should go for that subsection. It's a kludge I guess, but I haven't figured out anything better yet.

Are you saying I could write a template to match on remark[@role="toc2"]  or remark[@role="toc3"] to change the chunk.section.depth during processing?
That's exactly what I'd like to do, but I didn't think it could be done.

thanks,
--Tim