Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Document driven switching TOC on/off

You might want to check the parameter:

  process.empty.source.toc

in the parameter reference for FO or HTML.  Do a search for
"docbook parameters" to find an online version, although you
should check the copy of the parameter reference that came
with the specific version of the transforms that you are using.

My understanding of it is that if you put an empty toc element
in your file, you get an autogenerated table of contents where
it is placed.  That is how the transforms I use are set up.

Regards,
Larry Rowland

-----Original Message-----
From: honyk [mailto:j.tosovsky@email.cz]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:39 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello Everyone,

is there any simple way how to switch generating of TOC on/off directly in
the given document?

I know I can influence this using the generate.toc parameter in the XSLT
stylesheet, but this must be properly set when transformation is performed.
I'd like to avoid this dependency.

I can imagine a custom processing instruction, that will be handled in the
customization layer (it will set the correct content of the generate.toc
parameter), but if there are already some means in the current stylesheets,
I'd prefer built-in solution.

Regards,

Jan