Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Annotating program listings - Callouts - Chapter27. Program listings - minor / nit typo ?

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:47:09 -0400
"Robert Lucente" <rlucente@pipeline.com> wrote:

> 1) The "&amp;" has not been properly escaped from the DocBook
> perspective. This is a possibility because the program listing is not
> in CDATA

There are two ways  of 'escaping' < and & in xml for transformation
to docbook.
1. use a CDATA section
2. Do as Bob has done and replace each occurrence with it's character
entity.

Each time I want the reader of my HTML output to see the ampersand
symbol, I 'write' it as &amp; which the browser 'translates' into &

HTH

--

regards

--