Subject: Creating correct HTML links from IDs

Hello Everyone,

in my customization layer for chunked HTML output I need to create several
"navigation" links. I can retrieve set of documents IDs together with their
titles, but I don't know what is the best way to generate HTML links from
this data. In PDF I can use IDs directly, but for chunked output I need also
to determine the final HTML page file name...

I've tried simple.xlink template:
<xsl:call-template name="simple.xlink">
  <xsl:with-param name="linkend" select="'myID'"/>
  <xsl:with-param name="content" select="'myLink'"/>
</xsl:call-template>

what generates <a> element with the appropriate content, but the href
element is empty. In the log I see the following:
Error: no ID for constraint linkend: myID.
(that ID is present there)

Can I fix this somehow? Is there better template for this in DocBook
distribution or should I write something by myself?

Thanks for any tips.

Regards,
Jan