Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Ligature support

As far as I know, there isn't an option in the DocBook style sheets to
generate ligatures.

I'm far from an expert, but I would in general expect that this is
probably better done as a function of the fo processor. I believe XEP
4.2 will handle ligatures if you tell it which ones the font has, and if
the font uses standard unicode ligatures. However, I'm pretty sure fop
does not currently handle ligatures.

Hope that helps,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press