Subject: Re: Rethinking XSLT 2.0 design

"David Cramer" <dcramer@motive.com> writes:
> And where the duplication can't be eliminated, the list would indicate
> the things you should consider eliminating from your local version of
> DocBook. For example, you would typically pick one of:
>
>  * section/title or section/info/title

I don't agree. I think that one's just fine the way it is.

>  * recursive sections or sect1/sect2/sect3

Yeah, it probably makes sense to pick one of those.

> 1) Making a subset is very encouraged, though not required and 2) When
> you make your subset, a) eliminate one or the other of certain
> alternative legal ways of doing things to simplify things for your
> writers (then provide the list) b) eliminate elements you don't plan
> to use (or hide them in the editor, if your editor supports that)

Sure, but I'm not sure how to make that advice very concrete given
that every customization is likely to be pretty unique.

> I could even imagine a little DocBook subsetting tool where you make a
> few choices and then list some inlines you'll never use.

Yes, something like what the TEI folks call the Pizza Chef,
http://www.tei-c.org/pizza.html, would be handy.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--