Subject: Translated entities (simp.Chinese) fail to display correctly

Hi,

Now I face a new challenge…

We have various translations of our PDF/Help- output, which are fine for all books using Latin character sets.  For simplified Chinese and Japanese everything works fine too (by defining language, using special fonts and the proper encoding), but since we have to translate some entities, the following problem occurs:

When using for example the entity declaration  <!ENTITY Administration "管理"> (the entity reference is … & Administration;…)

this entity shows up in output (both PDF and CHM) like this 管ç

Do you know if there is a possibility to resolve the entity reference and to display it correctly? What do I have to do?

It would be great if you have any idea, how I can solve the problem.

Cheers,

Isabel

Isabel Hofherr
Tech Comm Spc.
Kofax Development GmbH

Wentzinger Strasse 19
79106 Freiburg
Germany

Tel: +49 (0) 761 45269 57214
Fax: +49 (0) 761 45269 58714
Isabel.Hofherr@kofax.com

This communication is only for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this communication in error, please notify the sender via phone and destroy this communication immediately.

Kofax Deutschland AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg i.Brg.
Amtsgericht Freiburg: HRB 5319
Vorstand: Jörg Grundmann (Vorsitzender), Gabriele Froning
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Stefan Gaiser