Subject: about XML parameter Entities

Hi,

I am a newer to docbook, and I am using the parameter entity to control my output contents. As I see from the document for sgml I can do below:

 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" [

<!ENTITY % electronic.copy "INCLUDE">

]]>

<![ %electronic.copy [

  This content should only appear in the electronic

  version of the document.

]]>

But when I use them in xml as below is does not work, and reports  “parser error : StartTag: invalid element name“

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V5.0//EN" "http://docbook.org/xml/5.0/dtd/docbook.dtd"[

<!ENTITY Intro SYSTEM "Intro.xml">

<!ENTITY Setup SYSTEM "Setup.xml">

<!ENTITY % SRS.output "INCLUDE">

]>

<book>

<bookinfo>

<copyright>

      <year>2010</year>

</copyright>

</bookinfo>

<title> manual</title>

<![ %SRS.output [

<para>help me</para>

]]>

</book>

Anyone can advise how to do it in xml rather than sgml? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hake