Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Font problem - need 2 font files in Docbook

Thanks Bob.  I looked at the fo output and found

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
font-family="Cardo" font-size="11pt"
     text-align="justify" line-height="1.3"
font-selection-strategy="character-by-character"
     line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts"
writing-mode="lr-tb" language="en">

So the 'body.fontset' parameter must have been over-ridden.

 >> In my Docbook customization file I have:
 >>
 >> <xsl:param name="body.font.family" select="'Cardo'" />
 >> <xsl:param name="body.font.size" select="'11pt'" />
 >> <xsl:param name="title.font.family" select="'Cardo'" />
 >> <xsl:param name="footnote.font.size" select="'90%'" />
 >> <xsl:param name="footnote.font.family" select="'Cardo'" />
 >> <xsl:param name="alignment" select="'justify'" />

I have tried adding
<xsl:param name="symbol.font.family" select="'Symbol,Cardo'"/>
and got the attached error message (Oxygen 11.2)

Finally I found that I had elsewhere in my customization file:

<xsl:attribute-set name="root.properties">
   <xsl:attribute name="font-family">Cardo</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="font-size">11pt</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="text-align">justify</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

and when I removed this all was well, all symbols showed up correctly..
I don't see how this could interact, but apparently it did.

Thanks anyway Bob

Ron

A trivial point,
 > http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html#fontFamilyList
includes
"the Arial Unicode MS font can be downloaded for free."
but:
On 2005-04-11, Ascender Corporation announced it had entered an
agreement with Microsoft which enables Ascender to distribute Microsoft
fonts, including the Windows Core Fonts, the Microsoft Web Fonts and the
many multilingual fonts currently supplied by Microsoft. Called Arial
Unicode, it is sold for approximately $99 per 5 users.
The font is also apparently licensed to Apple, who announced on October
16, 2007 that Mac OS X v10.5 ("Leopard"), would be bundled with Arial
Unicode.
Unfortunately I'm still on 10.4.11
Also I've been unable to find 'yogh' in the Ascender Arial fontset.

--
Ron Catterall Ph.D. D.Sc.
ron@catterall.net

TIFF image