Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Starting question: Customization for a new element

You are the man….

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

      xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" exclude-result-prefixes="d" >

      <xsl:import href=""docBook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl"/>

      <xsl:output method="html"/>

      <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'corpstyle.css'"/>

      <xsl:param name="admon.graphics" select="1"/>

      <xsl:template match="d:html">

Now, it works !

Thanks,

Regards,

Fabien

De : Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Envoyé : jeudi 10 juin 2010 17:35
À : Fabien Tillier; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi,

It appears that your documents are DocBook 5, since the error message indicates that the html element is in that namespace.  From the xsl:import statement, I can't tell if the stylesheets are the namespace version or not. I presume you are, otherwise you would not get that error message.

You just need to add the namespace declaration and prefix to your stylesheet.  Without it, your match is on an element named 'html' but in no namespace, so it does not match.  See this reference for details.

Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:00 AM

Hi List.

I am trying to write a simple customization to treat my XML.

I added an <html> tag to the XML file I am using to handle HTML inserted as CDATA (see below) for a bibliographic reference.

<author>

<othername>

        <b>LUKAS, R.J. (1986)</b>

    ]]></html>

</othername>

</author>

So my simple customization is a below

<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Template to convert DocBook XML to HTML -->

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

      <xsl:import href=""docBook/xsl/html/docbook.xsl"/>

      <xsl:output method="html"/>

      <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'corpstyle.css'"/>

      <xsl:param name="admon.graphics" select="1"/>

      <xsl:template match="html">

            <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

      </xsl:template>

 </xsl:stylesheet>

I can call it but I have errors like

Element html in namespace 'http://docbook.org/ns/docbook' encountered in title, but no template matches.

To check, I renamed my <html> element to something uncommon with plenty of other characters and number, but it is the same (it was to avoid using an potentially already used element, after all <html> is a pretty common tag…)

Still, my template is not used…

I am pretty sure I have not caught something, though I now have some of the finest books on the docbook and XSL stylesheets available (including the DocBook XSL one).

Oh, and the template work. If I use it simply without calling the xsl stylesheets (removing the import) my tags are treated and appear as expected in the generated HTML.

Thanks in advance for any help…

Best regards,

Fabien