Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] XSL-FO and CSS stylesheets

Fabien,

There are no direct analogs to CSS files in the FO stylesheets.
Customization typically uses two basic procedures (both documented in
Bob Stayton's book):

1) Set parameters when running the XSL stylesheets.  There are many
parameters that control things like fonts, page size, margins, and other
kinds of styling.

2) For things that aren't defined by a parameter, create a customization
layer to redefine existing or add new templates.

It would be interesting to see if there were a way to parse css files
and generate fo parameters that match (or vice versa). I don't see how
you could do a 100% job, but you might get close enough to make the
result useful. But, I don't think anyone has tried to do that (or if
they have they haven't shared it with the list:).

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators