Subject: UPDATE: olink basics

The more basic question is, should <olink> be used in this case at all?

The description of olink is: "The olink element is the equivalent for
linking outside the current document." (from Bob Stayton's book)

I think this is an extremely vague way to describe it because "document"
is ambiguous and the author uses that term consistently throughout his
book. To me, an XML file is a *document* but apparently what the author
intends to say is "book" or, more verbosely, "...outside the document
after it has been transformed."

How about if the same book is chunked? Will I then have to replace my
<xref>s with <olink>s?

--

Steve Johnson, Senior Content Developer
Caringo