Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] warning: failed to load external entity

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

On 7/7/10, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
>  Is it possible that one of your olinks in the offending file is referencing
> an element whose title contains an olink?

Not that I can see. there are only 3 explicit olinks in the offending file:
<olink targetdoc="impnotes" targetptr="mod-set-example"/>
<olink targetdoc="impnotes"/>
<olink targetdoc="man"/>
their titles contain no olinks (just ulinks).
however, I have some entities, which contain olinks, which _might_
refer to elements
with entities containing olinks in the title....
and indeed, there is one! (it would be nice if the error message were
more clear!)

================ impnotes:
================ impent
<!ENTITY mod-dynload '<olink targetdoc="impnotes"
================ clisp-link
&mod-dynload;
================

so, indeed, the offending file clisp-link uses olink to an element
with an olink in the title.
alas, even after editing impnotes to remove olink from title I get the
same error.
it might be actually hard to search for olink through all the titles.
is there an automatic way?
it would be nice if there were a warning for each "olink in title" event.

thanks a lot!
--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>