Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Compact DocBook ?

>On topic though, so why not!

Thanks for the help on what is appropriate etiquette.

>By the looks of it, Leo is GUI ?

Leo is a GUI in the sense that it displays nodes hierarchically just like
Windows explorer displays folders/directories hierarchically.

I am a novice at DocBook, Leo, literate programming and the like. The best
thing would be to look at the Leo doco "Chapter 6: Leo and Literate
Programming" at

http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/design.html#chapter-6-leo-and-literate
-programming

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:davep@dpawson.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 7:38 AM
To: Robert Lucente

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:11:46 -0400
"Robert Lucente" <rlucente@pipeline.com> wrote:

> >Think of it the other way round?
> >Embed java code in Docbook?
> Nice !
>
> >Tangle and weave are the ideas,
> >Literate Programming the background.
>
> At one point, I started using Leo to do "literate programming". The
> thing that I like about Leo is that it is an outliner w/ hoist and
> node cloning. The downside is that it has a steep learning curve.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html
>
> I still use an old versio of Leo but don't do full Literate
> programming. So far, the price of the learning curve is not worth it.
>
> I did not post this in the docbook group because it did not seem
> appropriate. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Some are interested in literate programming in general, so there may
be some interest, but I guess it's low.

On topic though, so why not!

By the looks of it, Leo is GUI? I'm not sure how that helps
for litprog?
I use emacs, or (a java environment, then paste/include into emacs
for the Docbook)

regards

--

regards