Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] gentext.template eats 1/3 of CPU

Sam Fischmann wrote:
> Curiously enough, I don't seem to be getting a predictable speed boost
> on my tests. I have a huge build that runs every night, so I'll have
> better number for comparison tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what comes
> out.

It might also depend on XSLT processor you are using.

I have commited another set of patches right now. With Saxon 6.5.5/9.2
on 450K source file speedup is ~30% (from almost 15 seconds to little
less then 10 seconds).

If you are using different XSLT processor I would be interested in
seeing your figures.

New build should appear shortly at

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/

Please give it a try. If similar speedup will appear in other
implementations I will call this quite small patch a big DocBook
contribution to a "green IT" buzzword ;-)

				Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature