Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] gentext.template eats 1/3 of CPU

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> New build should appear shortly at
>
> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
>
> Please give it a try. If similar speedup will appear in other
> implementations I will call this quite small patch a big DocBook
> contribution to a "green IT" buzzword ;-)

I have made few additional changes in order to speed up things little
bit. There are result of small benchmark

			xsltproc (before opt.)    saxon (before opt.)
mid-size document	4s (11s)		  10s (13.5s)
TDG sources		74s (240s)		  60s (100s)

If I would be politician I could say that stylesheets are now 3 times
faster. ;-) Of course this is true only for very large documents
processed by xsltproc which seems not very efficient on large input
documents.

Hopefully this is enough for folks who have resorted to create their own
forks of stylesheet without localization support.

				Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature