Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: blogging using DocBook articles or so ...

On 07/21/10 06:49, Jochen Hayek wrote:
> Well, pls, keep me&us updated!

Will do.

Currently I have all the individual pieces except for the ""glue around
make.

I have no doubt that I can write a Makefile to kick off some actions the
way that I want to.  The thing that I haven't sat down to finalize is
how I want things inter-linked.  (I'm not talking about olinking either.)

I'm thinking that I want each document / article in its own
(sub)directory and that the parent directory's index page (most likely
manually edited, but could be automatic if desired) will link (not
exactly sure how, olink, include, other?) in to the (sub)directories and
include the child document titles and descriptions in to the ""index.
I'm planing on the linking being a manual process so that I can add
other content around the links and control the order of appearances as
well as what does and does not appear.

I'm also hoping to make extensive use of titles and descriptions for
such things as generating RSS / Atom feeds, sending notifications to
email (lists) / newsgroups, etc.

I am going to completely separate layout / appearance from the raw
content and output SSI directives from DocBook that are then interpreted
by Apache to bring in my site layout and every thing associated there
with.  -  One of the things that I've not nailed down here is how to
inject (if you will) the page title in the middle of what is included
via SSI.  I don't know if I will ultimately do a couple of includes, or
set an SSI variable that is then used by what is included.

I'm also considering using AJAX to bring in the navigation menu so that
I can have a simple static page that will dynamically be updated (on
page load) when new content is added to the section / site.

One of my secondary / tertiary goals is to have the generated content be
as cache friendly as possible as well as being accessible / section 508
friendly.

Like I say, lots of little pieces that need to be assembled to find the
missing holes.  Once I have the missing holes, I'll start plugging them.

If any one cares to talk more details about what's in my head, it would
probably be best to move this discussion off list.  That being said,
drop me an email.

Grant. . . .