Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] linkend attr required in <biblioref>?

maxwell <maxwell@umiacs.umd.edu> was heard to say:

> But maybe there is an issue of mixed content?  Perhaps this XML frag is
> supposed to be
>    <citation><biblioref linkend="Chomsky1965" begin="23"
> end="25"/></citation>
> ?  If so, I guess the documentation should be clarified to say that the
> 'linkend' attr is obligatory on <biblioref> (and an example added to show
> how to use <biblioref>: there is no example at present).

I can't comment on the innards of the RNG schema regarding the
biblioref element, but as one of those who originally suggested the
biblioref element I'd like to confirm that the above usage is what we
had in mind. It was intended to extend the xref element in a way that
makes it more useful for citations and bibliographies in the
humanities (xref would suffice in most cases in life sciences). You
can make best use of the biblioref element if you maintain (or create
from a database) a bibliographic listing which also provides the data
that are needed to render the citation element in the text
appropriately.

regards,
Markus

--