Subject: DocBook Website / the navigational ToC / internal vs. external links

There is no obvious or enforced difference there
regarding internal vs. external links.

I would like to see some kind of "accepted" or "common" use of how to mark up in whatever way *external* links.

It does make a difference,
whether to stay within that "navigation system"
or to leave it through an external link.

Any best practices?

J.