Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook Slides : a "single quote" character within <title>.*</title> must get escaped in the Javascript for the nav. ToC ...

Here it looks like you are trying to process a DocBook Slides document with
the regular HTML stylesheet...

|      Writing frames.html for slides
|      Writing toc.html for slides
|      Element author in namespace '' encountered in
|  authorgroup, but no template matches.
|      Element firstname in namespace '' encountered in author,
|  but no template matches.
|      Element surname in namespace '' encountered in author,
|  but no template matches.

...but judging by these messages you are in fact processing a slides
document with the namespaced version of a slides stylesheet. And that
doesn't work, because there is no such thing as a namespaced slides
stylesheet!

In the xsl-ns package, the README says:

----------
Note, the stylesheets in the directories listed below
have not yet been converted to use the DocBook
namespace:

  slides
  website
  roundtrip

Since no slides schema based on DocBook 5 has been officially released yet,
there is currently no need for namespaced stylesheets. Perhaps it would be
better if the slides, website, and roundtrip stylesheets were not included
at all in the xsl-ns package as long as they are not namespace-aware.

Mauritz