Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Avoiding hot links in olinks to other docs

Thanks Bob,

I got it working in my customization layer and have added a feature request:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3059394&group_id=21935&atid=373750

David

From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 11:52 AM
To: Cramer, David W (David); DocBook Apps

Hi David,

No, there is no parameter for that.  Seems like a good idea, though.  In the current stylesheets, you would need to customize the template named 'make.olink.href', which generates the href value.  If the value from this template comes back empty, then you just get the olink text without a hot link.  You would need to make the output of the template conditional on $targetdoc = $current.docid.

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 7:39 AM

Hi there,

I would like to set up olinking so that when I generate certain output formats (pdf, webhelp) olinks to the same document are hyperlinks (just as if they were xrefs) but olinks to other documents only show the title of the section and document name, but are not hyperlinks. For these formats, the user won’t have the target doc in a predictable place. I looked around and couldn’t find a parameter to disable hyperlinks to external olinks. Is this something that’s already supported?

Thanks,

David