Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Issues regarding the customization of l10n

Costin Stroie wrote:

> It seems the refactored localization support has broken the
> compatibility with the previous customization layer used for local
> definitions on l10n.

It shouldn't.

> To be shortly, the 'local.l10n.xml' parameter has no effect. I copied
> and adapted the 'l10n.xml' and 'l10n.dtd' to my working directory, then
> the German 'de.xml' file where I modified the 'part' template from the
> 'title' context. I have set the 'local.l10n.xml' parameter in a custom
> 'l10n.xsl' file (located in the same directory) like
>
> <xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('l10n.xml')"/>

This was never suggested way how to customize localization. You
shouldn't copy existing localization, just override existing one as is
described at:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html

In short local.l10n.xml has to point to XML structure like:

<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
  <l:l10n language="xxx">
    ... localization customizations go there ...
  </l:10n>
</l:i18n>

By copying current l10n.xml you have broken this expected structure as
there are no directky nested localization customization instead only
href attribute is pointing to localization data for one language. This
allows lazy loading implementation. However this approach is used only
for default localization data, all customization has to use same
mechanism as before.

				Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature