Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Use of xincludes vs. entities

Sam Fischmann wrote:

> Hm... For that, you could suggest a prefix attribute, where said
> prefix is prepended to all ids in the XIncluded document. This prefix
> would compound with nesting. On the other hand, you could dig yourself
> into a huge, terrible hole using that technique.

My experience shows that it is much easier to prepend only one prefix,
not to compound them. Prepended prefix should be unique to element
responsible for transclusion (ref in transclusions, xi:include in
XInclude). With XInclude there is a problem that you will have to write
custom XInclude processor and disable default XInclude processing which
is already available in many existing tools.

OpenPGP digital signature