Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] can't compile doc with colophon

Indeed, you have uncovered a bug in the stylesheets.  The stylesheets put an article
into an fo:page-sequence, but the only template for colophon also tries to create an
fo:page-sequence.  Since you cannot nest fo:page-sequence, this does not work.
Instead, a colophon inside an article should be handled in with a separate template a
manner similar to the way an appendix inside an article is handled: without starting
another fo:page-sequence.

If you want to file a bug report on the DocBook SourceForge site, that would be great.

In the meantime, you will need to add a new template in your customization layer to
fix this problem.  You could copy the template with match="d:colophon" from
fo/component.xsl, and make these changes:

1.  Change the match to match="d:article/d:colophon".

2.  Remove all the fo:page-sequence stuff, leaving just:

<xsl:variable name="id">
    <xsl:call-template name="object.id"/>
</xsl:variable>

<fo:block id="{$id}"
                xsl:use-attribute-sets="component.titlepage.properties">
       <xsl:call-template name="colophon.titlepage"/>
</fo:block>
<xsl:apply-templates/>