Subject: docbook ns vs. vanilla docbook? (epub) when to use?

In a separate thread (I don't remember where) Keith F.  mentioned that
for the epub stylesheets, I should use the vanilla docbook xsl.

This was in reference to a bug.  Keith, will this continue to be your
recommendation for the medium term, or was this only for that
particular release?

Also, are there particular contexts in which it would be better to use
docbook-ns and certain contexts not to? Does it depend only on the
output type?

rj

--
Robert Nagle