Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] re: Generating title for "link" element

Robert,

> Perhaps I have misunderstood the question. Why do you need a title?
> isn't  this all you need?
>

> <link xlink:href="http://yahoo.org";>
> yahoo</link>

In most (maybe all by now) browsers, the text in the title attribute is
displayed when you mouse over the link. This is helpful for
accessibility, esp. if the link points to a non-text element.

Whether simply repeating the link text is useful from an accessibility
point of view is another question; I'll leave that to the experts.

That said, I agree that the first thing to check is whether you've got
the xlink namespace declared. If you do, then xlink:title is valid as an
attribute of link, and the stylesheets will generate a title attribute
in the html output using the contents of xlink:title.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press