Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Generating title for "link" element

OK, the stylesheets are set up to generate common attributes, but not all of them are turned on.  In the case of the title attribute, it can be generated by creating a template in your customization layer with a match on link element and mode="html.title.attribute", and the stylesheet will insert it on the <a> output element for link:

<xsl:template match="link" mode="html.title.attribute">
  <xsl:attribute name="title">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 1:36 AM

Bob,
Yes, I would like a title attribute on the <a> element. I can specify a title for xlink:title, but the XML is then not valid. I can, however, still transform it to XHTML, but the title does not appear within the <a> element in the XHTML code. I can see that in the stylesheet inline.xsl, template "simple.xlink" SHOULD generate a title, but does not. I have declared xlink correctly in all my stylesheets.

So because the inline stylesheet doesn't work, I'm looking for a workaround that lets me generate an <a> title from the content of the link element.

Dave Gardiner