Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] db5 svg images

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:33:31 -0600
Steve Johnson <stevej@caringo.com> wrote:

> If you're outputting to HTML you should consider doing it like this:
>
>   <mediaobject>
>              <imageobject role="fo">
>                  <imagedata format="SVG" scale="75"
> fileref="Graphics/cluster-general.svg" align="center"
> scalefit="1"/></imageobject>
>                  <imageobject role="html">
>                   <imagedata format="PNG" scale="90"
> fileref="Graphics/cluster-general.png" align="center"/></imageobject>
>          </mediaobject>
>
> I found that IE8 doesn't render SVG at all and Chrome puts a box
> around each one such that you have horizontal and vertical scroll
> bars .. but that could be due to the fact our HTML must fit into a
> 600 pixel horizontal space.
>
> You will find the above if you search Stayton's book for "svg".

I can create the png form if needed, but I'm concerned about
the error (if it is such).

I'm wondering if Bobs pages are out of date here?
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SVGimages.html
I do recall 'prompting' the IE user to get/install the svg viewer from
Adobe. Not sure if that's still available. Then the reader would know
something was amiss.

SVG is so much better than bit-mapped though.

regards

--

regards

--