Subject: titlepage + XHTML + empty xmlns element: why?

My goal is to make chunked  XHTML or HTML output. I wish to have an
abstract, but I want it to appear only in a meta tag, not in the main
text. In my customization layer I enabled the parameter
(generate.meta.abstract)

Bob Stayton has suggested a way to do this:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/201012/msg00077.html
Customize the titlepage template for HTML so that abstract is not
included in the main content for chapter.

This method works, but it produces invalid HTML and XHTML code.  The
div tag which previously contained ABSTRACT now has a blank attribute
for xsmlns.

I tried using the latest docbook-ns and the regular docbook chunk xsl.
 I tried both HTML and XHTML. The problem goes away when I remove the
line in the customization layer to include my customized titlepage
template.

This sounds like a bug to me. Can anyone confirm this and/or suggest a
way to solve this? Thanks.

rj

OUTPUT FOR ONE CHAPTER
<head>
broadcast system." />
</head>

etc...

MY MODIFICATION TO TITLEPAGETEMPLATE:

<t:titlepage t:element="chapter" t:wrapper="div" class="titlepage">
  <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
    <title/>
    <subtitle/>
    <corpauthor/>
    <authorgroup/>
    <author/>
    <othercredit/>
    <releaseinfo/>
    <copyright/>
    <legalnotice/>
    <pubdate/>
    <revision/>
    <revhistory/>
<!--    <abstract/>-->   HERE"S WHAT I CHANGED
  </t:titlepage-content>
--
Robert Nagle
12777 Ashford Point Dr #1417