Subject: Docbook xml title containing double quotation marks causes CHM TOC issue

Hi All,

When I use double quotation marks ("") to quote a word in the xml
<title></title> element, the generated CHM TOC entry only shows the word
qupted, not the complete title.

I have the following XML file (please note the quotation marks in the title
line: <title>Loading "heavy" window</title>):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<chapter version="5.0" xmlns="
http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"

        xmlns:ns5="
http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"

        xmlns:ns4="
http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"

        xmlns:ns3="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"

        xmlns:ns2="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"

        xmlns:ns="
http://docbook.org/ns/docbook">

 <title>About This Book</title>

 <sect1>

   <title>Loading "heavy" window</title>

   <para>An example of using quotation marks in title.</para>

 </sect1>

</chapter>

Then I complied the XML file to htmlhelp files using the following command:

xsltproc
D:/unix/usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.75.2/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl
about_this_book.xml

Then I compiled the htmlhelp files to CHM file using Microsoft HTML Help
Workshop.

But when opening the CHM file, and expanding the TOC list in the Contents
area, the TOC entry shows only one word: heavy, rather than: Loading "heavy"
window.

When looking at the hhc file, it's like this: value='Loading "heavy"
window'.

<LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">

<param name="Name" value='Loading "heavy" window'>

<param name="Local" value="index.html#id1330919"></OBJECT></LI>

Any suggestions on how I can fix this if I want to keep the quotation marks
in title? Or should I avoid using quotation marks in the title element at
all?

I appreciate any input for this! Thank you!

Regards

Tracy Huang

Technical Writer

China