Subject: [docbook-apps] filename prefix feature is not working?

From: Tracy Huang Gmail [mailto:tracyyellow@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:50 AM
To: Bob Stayton; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

<chapter version="5.0" xml:id="About_This_Book" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";

         xmlns:ns5="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML";

         xmlns:ns4="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";

         xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

         xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";

         xmlns:ns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>

  <title>About This Book</title>

  <sect1 xml:id="Loading_heavy_window">

    <title>Loading &#147;heavy&#148; window</title>

    <para>An example of using quotation marks in title.</para>

  </sect1>

  <sect1 xml:id="Loading_heavy_tab">

   <title>Loading &#147;heavy&#148; tab</title>

   <para>Another example of using quotation marks in title.</para>

  </sect1>

</chapter>

I complied the xml file using either of the following two commands (both generate the same error):

xsltproc --stringparam base.dir windows- D:\unix\usr\share\sgml\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl test.xml

xsltproc --stringparam base.dir windows- D:\unix\usr\share\sgml\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\html\chunk.xsl test.xml

I got the following html files generated (the file name is added with the prefix "windows-" correctly):

windows-index.html

windows-ch01s02.html

But when I opened the html file and searched for "href", I found in both files: all "href" point to the file name without the prefix "windows-", so all previous/next/toc links go wrong.

href="index.html"

href="ch01s02.html"

Is this a bug or have I missed something?

The filename prefix feature would be a great feature for me, as our product is working on many different platforms, for each platform, we created an installation guide, but when all these installation guides (as well as the other guides) are merged into one CHM file, the CHM Back and Forward buttons cannot always jump to the correct html topic, to be exact, it can find the correct file name, but as these installation guides (as well as the other guides) have identical html file names, such as ch01s02.html, ch03s01.html etc., the Back and Forward buttons find the file in all CHM files merged (starting from the currect page to the end, CHM by CHM) , not by finding within the CHM file I am reading now (I think this is a bug in CHM), so it may direct me to the html topic for the wrong CHM file, for example, when I am reading the install guide for Windows platform, after several Back clicks, I am reading the install guide for Unix platform now. So I tried to use the filename prefix feature to add prefix to the html file name to distinguish file names from CHM to CHM, such as windows-ch01s02.html, unix-ch01s02.html, linux-ch01s02.html etc.

Regards

Tracy Huang

Technical Writer

China