Lwam,

I suggest it haven't been maintained for a long time and therefore have been closed some time ago.

P.S. Next time try to make some investigations before post such requests to this mailing list.

Here is a sample steps of mine (it has taken about 3 minutes only):

2. http://placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/mailman/ - 404
3. http://placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/ - redirection to https://myhpi.de/fsr/
4. https://myhpi.de/fsr/  - closed area. No visible "docbook" results

Thank you for your interest and I hope for many subscribers.
============

6. Trying: http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/ - searching for "docbook". Only 2 links - nothing more.
One of them: http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/forschung/publikationen/stud_publikationen.html (students publications):

"Lars Trieloff

"DocBook-XML"
Paperback, 336 Seiten mit CD-ROM, ISBN 3-8266-1519-0, 2005"

Nothing else.

7. Searching on google on "docbook @placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de" to find any links to this list. Fifth search result: "docbook@placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de".

8. Trying to search for "docbook@placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de" : total results - 16.

That's all (...and simple! :)