Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] webhelpindexer.jar w/o Ant?

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Docs <docs@davidpriest.ca> wrote:
Is there a standalone version of webhelpindexer.jar?  I'm in an Ant-free environment.  I can compile webhelp contents from the command line, but com.nexwave.nquindexer.IndexerTask expects Ant to be in the classpath, making much sadness.

Quick answer is, there isn't! WebHelp was first made as a Ant build, so the webhelpindexer is also created as a Ant Task [1]. It needs to extend org.apache.tools.ant.Task, which means, ultimately webhelpindexer depends on Ant. I understand your situation, but currently I'm afraid, there's no get around except changing the source AFAIK.
The Ant dependency needed by com.nexwave.nquindexer.IndexerTask, which the main class. So, if you are familiar with Java, you may get webhelpindexer working by changing that file with the help from [1]. In the meantime, I'll see what I can do .

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html

Regards,
--Kasun

Kasun Gajasinghe,