Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Ideas for GSoC 2011

IMO, I think it's better you add the idea to the ideas page. Because if there's a student with relevant skills may grab the idea willing to implement it this summer. Whether the idea get through depends on no. of factors such as the importance of the project idea, whether there's a mentor willing to contribute, and of course the quality of the student proposals submitted etc. etc.. Last year, I've got to know from other participants that some valuable project ideas didn't get selected because there were no mentors available for that particular time. So, your idea may get selected, though the priority for this idea seems to be less. I was a GSoC participant under DocBook  contributing to WebHelp last year.