Subject: programlisting page breaks

I ran into a curious behavior with programlistings, and I wonder if anyone knows how to work around it.

I have some programlistings that are longer than one page and will need to break.

That's fine, but what's strange is that regardless of where the programlisting would naturally start, there is always a page break before the listing starts.

Even if the text that precedes the programlisting extends only a few lines down a page, there will be a page break before the programlisting begins. That can lead to there being 2/3 or more of a page blank for no good reason.

I'll dive into the code at some point, but if anyone has already handled this, I'd appreciate pointers, suggestions, or solutions.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton