Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Does dockbook.xsl covers the whole?

Hi,
I'm not sure how useful this exercise is. I will put forth the proposition that all DocBook elements except some metadata elements in info are already styled by DocBook XSL. Metadata elements are not automatically styled because metadata is used for different purposes by different people.  Any elements outside of info that are not styled should be in the list of bug reports on the DocBook SourceForge site.  At the moment, I don't think there are any reports of that nature.

Also, the DocBook XSL stylesheets already have a template that flags any elements that it encounters for which it otherwise has no template.  See the template in fo/docbook.xsl starting with:

<xsl:template match="*">

That template will be applied by the XSLT processor when no other template matches an element in the document. It issues an error message and inserts a copy of the element tags in red in the output.

Have you seen any DocBook elements that are not styled?

Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:02 PM

Hi dev,
    I am trying to find the elements of docbook xmls which haven't styled by including docbbok.xsl in my test.xsl.Does it enough to see any kind of styling for any kind of element in the xml or are there any other xsl files that I must include to see different kind of styling for any other element?Also where can I find some sample docbook xmls which include most of possible elements in it?Thank you very much.

Sanjaya Liyanage