Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with cover

Le 01.03.2011 18:48, Bob Stayton a écrit :
> Support for the cover element has not yet been added to the
> stylesheets.  Currently the only help in XSL is a pair of empty
> placeholder templates named 'front.cover' and 'back.cover' that are
> called at the beginning of a book and the end, respectively. The
> front.cover template could be customized to generate a cover from the
> elements in info (including cover), but you would need to write such a
> template yourself.

I found in the list archive an answer form you:

> So here is a better example:
>
> <xsl:template name="front.cover">
>  <xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
>    <xsl:with-param name="master-reference">titlepage</xsl:with-param>
>    <xsl:with-param name="content">
>      <fo:block text-align="center" [add any other block properties here]>
>        <fo:external-graphic src="url(fo-images/criteria-tag312.jpg)" content-width="7cm" [add any other image properties here]/>
>      </fo:block>
>    </xsl:with-param>
>  </xsl:call-template>
> </xsl:template>

I put this sample on my custom stylesheet and it seems to work.

I wrote "seems to work" because, even a remove all <cover> references, I
still have a kind of cover, after the front cover I made.

In the front.cover template I added some search for informations about
my book:

  	<xsl:template name="front.cover">
  		<xsl:call-template name="page.sequence">
    			<xsl:with-param name="master-reference">titlepage</xsl:with-param>
    			<xsl:with-param name="content">
      				<fo:block text-align="center">
  					<fo:inline font-size="24pt">
  						<xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto"
select="d:info/d:authorgroup/d:author/d:personname/d:firstname"/>
  						<xsl:text> NAME</xsl:text>
  					</fo:inline>
        					<fo:external-graphic src="url(images/Serveur.tif)"
content-width="7cm"/>
      				</fo:block>
    			</xsl:with-param>
  		</xsl:call-template>
  	</xsl:template>

But the firstname does not appears (the NAME after does). In my docbook
file the fistname... exist :

> 	<info>
> 		<title>Mac OS X Server à votre service</title>
> 		<edition>Seconde</edition>
> 		<authorgroup>
> 			<author>
> 				<personname>
> 					<firstname>Jacques</firstname>
> 					<surname>Foucry</surname>
> 				</personname>
> 			</author>
> 		</authorgroup>

So my questions are: how can I delete the <cover> and with my firstname
does not appears.

Thanks in advance,

Jacques