Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] epub/chunking : why h1 tags for sections insteadof H2? (solved)

Good news. I think the answer lies in what you said.

First, about that comment, it did not make much sense to me -- if only
because epub/docbook.xsl also has the section.heading  template in
docbook.xsl file. Then I realized it is saying that epub/docbook.xsl
is overriding what is in section.heading

Second, I was confused about the hlevel vs. level variable.

Third, I had gotten momentarily  confused about which stylesheet I was
referencing, but I figured that out.

In epub/docbook.xsl I made this one line revision inside the
section.heading template to add +1 to the level. By the way, perhaps
this is a bug and should have always been +1?

rj

OLD
<xsl:variable name="hlevel">
   <xsl:choose>
     <!-- highest valid HTML H level is H6; so anything nested deeper
          than 7 levels down just becomes H6 -->
     <xsl:when test="$level &gt; 6">6</xsl:when>
     <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:value-of select="$level"/>
     </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
 </xsl:variable>

NEW:
  <xsl:variable name="hlevel">
           <xsl:choose>
               <!-- highest valid HTML H level is H6; so anything nested deeper
                   than 7 levels down just becomes H6 -->
               <xsl:when test="$level &gt; 6">6</xsl:when>
               <xsl:otherwise>
                   <xsl:value-of select="$level+1"/>
*****************************my change
               </xsl:otherwise>