Subject: Re: warning: failed to load external entity

Hi,
almost a year later, I think I have more to sat on the matter.

in a squeaky clean directory without any tdb files, creating them starts
with these errors:

XML_CATALOG_FILES="catalog.xml " xsltproc --timing --xinclude --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only" --stringparam target.database.document "olink-pile.xml" --stringparam targets.filename "man.tdb" pile.xsl clisp.xml
Parsing stylesheet pile.xsl took 0 ms
Parsing document clisp.xml took 399 ms
XInclude processing clisp.xml took 0 ms
DocBook XSL stylesheet VERSION is: 1.75.2
warning: failed to load external entity "pile.tdb"
olink-pile.xml:14: parser error : Failure to process entity imp-targets
 <document targetdoc="impnotes" baseuri="impnotes.html">&imp-targets;</document>
                                                                     ^
olink-pile.xml:14: parser error : Entity 'imp-targets' not defined
 <document targetdoc="impnotes" baseuri="impnotes.html">&imp-targets;</document>
                                                                     ^
warning: failed to load external entity "man.tdb"
olink-pile.xml:15: parser error : Failure to process entity man-targets
 <document targetdoc="man" baseuri="clisp.html">&man-targets;</document>
                                                             ^
olink-pile.xml:15: parser error : Entity 'man-targets' not defined
 <document targetdoc="man" baseuri="clisp.html">&man-targets;</document>
                                                             ^
warning: failed to load external entity "clink.tdb"
olink-pile.xml:16: parser error : Failure to process entity clink-targets
 <document targetdoc="clink" baseuri="clisp-link.html">&clink-targets;</document
                                                                      ^
olink-pile.xml:16: parser error : Entity 'clink-targets' not defined
 <document targetdoc="clink" baseuri="clisp-link.html">&clink-targets;</document
                                                                      ^
Olink error: could not open target database 'olink-pile.xml'.
Error: unresolved olink: targetdoc/targetptr = 'man/clisp'.
Writing man.tdb for refentry(clisp)
Applying stylesheet took 4415 ms
Saving result took 0 ms
XML_CATALOG_FILES="catalog.xml " xsltproc --timing --xinclude --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only" --stringparam target.database.document "olink-pile.xml" --stringparam targets.filename "clink.tdb" pile.xsl clisp-link.xml
Parsing stylesheet pile.xsl took 0 ms
Parsing document clisp-link.xml took 395 ms
XInclude processing clisp-link.xml took 0 ms
[...]
Error: unresolved olink: targetdoc/targetptr = 'clink/opt-install'.
Writing clink.tdb for refentry(clisp-link)
Applying stylesheet took 3214 ms
Saving result took 0 ms
XML_CATALOG_FILES="catalog.xml " xsltproc --timing --xinclude --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only" --stringparam target.database.document "olink-pile.xml" --stringparam targets.filename "pile.tdb" pile.xsl impnotes.xml
Parsing stylesheet pile.xsl took 0 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 1388 ms
XInclude processing impnotes.xml took 1013 ms
DocBook XSL stylesheet VERSION is: 1.75.2
Writing pile.tdb for book(impnotes-top)
Applying stylesheet took 225606 ms
Saving result took 0 ms
XML_CATALOG_FILES="catalog.xml " xsltproc --timing --xinclude --stringparam collect.xref.targets "only" --stringparam target.database.document "olink-pile.xml" --stringparam targets.filename "chunk.tdb" chunk.xsl impnotes.xml
Parsing stylesheet chunk.xsl took 16 ms
Parsing document impnotes.xml took 1429 ms
XInclude processing impnotes.xml took 1216 ms
DocBook XSL stylesheet VERSION is: 1.75.2
Writing chunk.tdb for book(impnotes-top)
Applying stylesheet took 232998 ms
Saving result took 0 ms

I wonder if the right workaround is to created _empty_ *tdb files before
running collect.xref.targets?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.6 (Final) X 11.0.60900031
http://mideasttruth.com http://honestreporting.com http://jihadwatch.org