Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] role in HTML/XSLFO for HTML Tables

Thank you for your answer, Bob, but still, I have questions...
If I add a class attribute, I will also have to keep the role attribute because, as I am generating HTML and xslfo, I need to keep the role attribute if I want it to be propagated to the xslfo stylesheet, right ?

Regards,
Fabien

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Envoyé : mercredi 22 juin 2011 17:39
À : Fabien Tillier; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Fabien,
In DocBook XSL, there is a param named 'entry.propagates.style', which is set to 1 by
default, and causes any role attribute on an entry element to be converted to a class
attribute on the table cell in the HTML output.  That feature applies only to the
entry element, I thought, so I'm surprised in worked on <row> as suggested by your
example.

For HTML table markup, a class attribute is permitted for any of the HTML table
element names, and it will be copied through to the output HTML table.  The same is
true of other HTML attributes you might add to your HTML table markup.