Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] bibliography title in TOC

Thanks for the summary. I understand what you are trying to do, but getting a
bibliography to format like a sect1 is going to require many customizations of the
stylesheet.  That's because all the hierarchical elements are processed in several
different modes such as for the table of contents, numbering, Next and Previous (in
HTML output), etc..  Basically everywhere that sect1 appears in the stylesheet, you'll
need to use 'sect1 | chapter/bibliography', and that could be a lot of places.

Instead, you might try this markup using bibliolist, a workaround that is mostly
semantically correct:

<chapter>
  <title>Literature</title>
  <sect1>
    <title>Conference Presentations</title>
  </sect1>
  <sect1>
    <title>Theses</title>
  </sect1>
  <sect1>
    <title>Bibliography</title>
    <bibliolist>
      <biblioentry>
    </bibliolist>
  </sect1>
</chapter>

That will format the Bibliography like a section (because it is a section) including
numbering and TOC support.